I made this amazing and easy salmon salad a couple of months ago, and completely dropped the ball on getting the recipe up before Summer came to an end. But when simple food tastes this good it doesn’t matter what season it is when you eat it! This baked salmon has a flavorful honey-garlic glaze and goes perfectly with a fresh salad, and my jalapeño, basil, and tahini sauce as the dressing.
I know salad always sounds so boring, but there are ways to make them delicious and satisfying! To me, it’s all about texture, a blend of sweet and savory flavors, and a great dressing. That’s exactly what this is. My husband loved this salad for dinner, and after I styled it for our shoot we ate it right off of the board! So trendy, right?
This salad is light, but it’s so satiating. Honey-garlic salmon is cooked to perfection, and the glaze on top is addicting. The blueberries bring a nice sweetness, and go really well with the fresh cucumber and rich avocado. It all just works. Plus this recipe is dairy- free, and can be made gluten-free by using Tamari. I think this might be one of my favorite recipes!
I made this tahini dressing (or sauce) a while back, and it is SO good. I use it on different foods like chicken, shrimp, roasted veggies, and it works especially well with salmon! It literally has 3 ingredients: jalapeño, tahini, and basil! Of course, you need a couple of pantry ingredients to help it come together, but overall easy and incredibly tasty! Make sure you use fresh basil for this Super Sauce, because you just won’t get the same flavor with dried.
Honey Garlic Salmon Salad
- 12 oz. Atlantic salmon 2- 6 oz. portions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp garlic (about 3-4 medium cloves) crushed or grated
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup Jalapeño Tahini Super Sauce see recipe in post
- 8 oz. leafy greens of choice arugula, romaine, butter lettuce, or spinach work well
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 medium seedless cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients for marinade (oil, honey, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire, salt).
- Glaze salmon fillets with 3-4 spoonfuls of marinade. Bake on a parchment lined tray or soaked (for at least 1 hour in warm water) cedar planks for 12 minutes.
- Add another spoonful or two of marinade over the salmon, and broil for 1 minute. Remove from oven.
- Blend together Jalapeño Tahini Super Sauce, put together salad ingredients on a platter or board.
- Serve with baked salmon.