I am so ready for Christmas! That’s a lie because I am never ready for Christmas, but I do love celebrating. It’s one of the only holidays when I get to see all of my family, and we have the best time! I’m sure you all would agree. It’s always nice to have a few signature cocktails to entertain with over the Christmas and New Year’s, but sometimes those drinks get really heavy and sugary. I created this cocktail using flavors that I personally love all year round, but it’s perfect for the holiday season!
Mulled wine is popular in the colder months and around the holidays, and I love a nice large glass of it. So I took the concept of mulling and did this with some cherry juice I had leftover from another cocktail. The spices are similar to what you would find in a mulled wine recipe and work so well with the cherry juice! They gave it a rich, warm flavor which I balanced out with lime and rum for this cocktail. It’s a beautiful color, and you can make it as a mocktail for those who don’t drink alcohol and it tastes just as good!
Spiced Cherry Caipirinha
Mulled Cherry Juice
- 2 cups tart cherry juice I used Cheribundi from Costco
- 1.5 tbsp sugar white or brown sugar works here
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
Spiced Cherry Caipirinha, 1 serving
- 2 oz. mulled cherry juice
- 2 oz. rum
- 1 tsp lime juice
- bruleed limes and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- To make the mulled cherry juice, place cherry juice, spices, and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer on medium heat. Let the cherry juice simmer with the spices for 10 min then remove from heat. Makes approximately 4 servings.
- To make the Spiced Cherry Caipirinhas place cooled mulled cherry juice, rum, and lime juice in a shaker with ice. Put the lid on the shaker and make sure it’s snug then vigorously shake the cocktail shaker. Pour caipirinha into a glass and garnish. .
- For bruleed limes, place thinly sliced limes on a tray. Sprinkle sugar over limes and place under a broiler for 3 minutes or so until the limes are charred.
Leave a Reply