I’m obsessed with browned butter so you will be seeing more recipes from me soon, but here is a really fun way to get that nutty, deep flavor of butter into a festive holiday cocktail! Introducing Brown Butter Bourbon Apple Cider! It’s super easy to make, and you can make it in a large batch to serve all your guests….or just you…no judgement here! Batch cocktails are the best for parties and with this one you are really only making one thing…the brown butter!!
For this recipe I used a plain apple cider and spiced it with pumpkin pie spice, but feel free to use regular apple cider or spiced! You can also leave out the bourbon for a non-alcoholic drink that is perfect for everyone! My four year old son loved helping me make this and drink it! Before we added the bourbon, of course! Since the apple cider is sweetened you can leave off the cinnamon whipped cream, but I love a little indulgence for the holidays! ‘Tis the season!
Brown Butter Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 32 oz. apple cider can be spiced
- 8 oz. bourbon
- store bought whipped cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dried apple slices apple chips
- Start by browning the butter in a pot. Add 1 stick butter to a small saucepan set over medium heat, cooking until the butter begins to brown. This will take about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain using a mesh strainer into a heatproof bowl.
- You can use a larger pot if you want less cleanup, but be careful as the butter will burn quicker since there is more surface area.
- Now add the apple cider into a large pot (or the same one if you used a large one to begin with), and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. If you aren’t using a pre-spiced cider and want it to be spiced add one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the cider. When the cider is simmering whisk in the strained browned butter.
- To make the cinnamon whipped cream gently fold in one teaspoon of cinnamon into one cup of whipped cream.
- Ladle the buttered cider into mugs, and add a shot of bourbon to each. Top with cinnamon whipped cream, apple chips, and cranberries.
Leave a Reply