You all know I’ve been loving Red Gold’s new product line called Tomato Love. Their diced tomatoes with chilies help me put together meals quickly and easily with less vegetables to have on hand and chop!
With this recipe I used Tomato Love Original with 2x more chilies to make an easy, no-cook, spicy tomato crema to top these delicious shrimp tacos!
Method and Notes
These tacos are super simple to make! I use a store-bought Cajun seasoning for my shrimp which already has salt and some heat! This is such a great way to add so much flavor into the shrimp. I like to use the 26/30 size for tacos but feel free to use what you like and tail on or tail off will work! I cook my shrimp with the tail on and then remove the tail before assembling the tacos.
Make sure that your shrimp are dry before adding the seasoning to them. This will help the spices stick and form a nice crust on the shrimp while they cook.
The tomato crema comes together in a flash if you have a blender or food processor! Make sure that you drain the Tomato Love tomatoes with chilies and strain the sour cream really well so that the crema has a nice consistency and isn’t too runny.
Buttery Cajun Shrimp Tacos
- 1.5 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- corn tortillas
- tomatoes, sliced red onion, shredded lettuce, cilantro for topping
- crispy onion strings optional
- 1 can Tomato Love Original 2x More Chilies drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream strained
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- Pat the shrimp dry, then toss with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter and oil shimmers, add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Pulse ingredients for spicy tomato crema in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt.
- Serve Cajun shrimp with warm tortillas, tomato crema, and the toppings listed or the ones you like! Don't skip the crispy onion strings!
These tacos are perfect for a weeknight meal because they come together so fast! You can customize the toppings with what you like or to use what you already have in your pantry and fridge!
The tomato crema is so unique and truly makes these tacos stand out! Even though there is some heat from the chilies in Tomato Love it also provides a cooling sauce for the spicy Cajun seasoned shrimp!
Let me know what you think about these Buttery Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Tomato Crema! Don’t forget to share your photos on Instagram and tag @momunderpressure on Instagram.
This post is sponsored by The Feed Feed and Red Gold Tomatoes.