This is a simple and really tasty recipe for vegetarian tacos! I use the Trader Joe’s brand of soy chorizo with bell peppers and potatoes for a homemade take on potato and chorizo tacos. I love that you can cook the filling in the oven on one sheet pan which makes for a hands off, easy, and clean set up for taco night! This recipe is gluten-free and can be made vegan as well, but I love the chili-lime crema that we pair with soy chorizo and potatoes.
You can use any type of potato you like, but I like using baby creamer potatoes because the skin is thin, and they cook through quickly. You can also sweet potatoes for this recipe. Adding black beans or pinto beans for more protein and texture will also work here, but just know that you will end up with a lot of taco filling! Leftovers of this delicious taco filling are a good thing, though. They keep really well for in the fridge for up to 3 days. Probably longer, but I can’t hold out any longer before eating the rest!
Sheet Pan Soy Chorizo and Potato Tacos
- 1 package Trader Joe's soy chorizo
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 package white or yellow corn tortillas
- avocado, pico de gallo, pickled onions for topping the tacos
Chili Lime Crema
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt can also use half of each
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place diced potatoes and bell peppers on a large baking tray.
- Toss with olive oil, taco seasoning, and salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes until fork tender and golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and crumble soy chorizo over the cooked potatoes and peppers. Place tray back in the oven for 5-7 minutes until soy chorizo is heated through and slightly crispy.
- Squeeze the other of half of lime over the top of the chorizo and potatoes if desired.
- While the potatoes are in the oven mix together ingredients for chili-lime crema, and prepare other toppings (avocado, pico de gallo, onions, etc.)
- Serve taco filling with charred tortillas, crema, and any toppings you like.