“It’s wrong to take a box of cornbread mix and turn it into biscuits.” SAID NO ONE EVER! If you haven’t made cornbread biscuits you need to ASAP, because they are so good! The best part is you can fill them with all these wonderful toppings like I did here with these pizza inspired cornbread drop biscuits!
I seriously have no idea why I didn’t think to do this before. The cornbread mix is a perfect vehicle for pizza toppings, and you can almost make these your meal. I’m not necessarily suggesting that idea, but it’s a good one…I know from experience! Crazy easy to make, ready in a jif, and what a crowd pleaser!
Pizza Drop Biscuits
- 3 cups cornbread mix 1 package premade cornbread mix about 8.5 oz.
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup spicy blue cheese stuffed olives quartered
- 1/4 cup pepperoni quartered
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together cornbread or corn muffin mix, shredded cheese, Italian seasoning, and milk. After the batter is mixed gently fold in quartered olives and pepperoni. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce!