I know, I just posted tacos, but I cant help it…I love Mexican food! Especially when it’s GUILT FREE! This recipe is super versatile, and with a little help from kitchen appliances and a pre-packaged sauce your meal is ready in under 30 minutes.
Anddd I need to give credit where credit is due. My hubby prepped the “rice” and turkey before heading off to work. So believe me when I say, It’s simple!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken up into large florets
- 1/2 brunch cilantro with stems
- 1/4 jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice (approx 1/2 lime)
- 1-1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 package Frontera brand Texas Taco Skillet Sauce
Pulse together cauliflower, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeño in a food processor. No food processor? No problem!
- “rice” cauliflower on a box grater and add in finely chopped jalapeño, cilantro, and garlic
- chop all vegetables finely using with your kitchen knife or
- buy pre-riced cauliflower and season.
Place “rice” in a microwave safe bowl, add salt, and cook in microwave for 2 minutes. Give it a stir, and cook for an additional 1 minute. Add lime. If you want the rice to be more tender cook for 30-60 seconds longer. I like for it to have more of a bite. You can sauté the rice in a skillet with a tiny bit of oil, but save yourself the calories and energy!
Brown ground turkey in a large pan, and add Frontera skillet sauce. Heat through. Done!
Build burrito bowls/salad or tacos with toppings you love. I had diced sweet potato in the fridge so sautéed that with a oil, S&P, and red bell pepper. Then topped w/ pepper jack cheese, black beans, and a tomatillo salsa. Yummy and satisfying! Sushil made tacos since he doesn’t have to worry about carbs.
Suggested add-ins: black beans, salsa, corn, sauteed onions and bell pepper, cheese, sour cream, guac, etc.
- Make this vegetarian with soy chorizo or tofu.
- Would work well with beef, chicken, or a flaky white fish!